The Argo House is a creative office suite and maker space located in Ogden’s Nine Rails Creative District, and the East Central Bench National Historic District. The Victorian-style home was originally built in 1895, and later converted into a state facility and rehab center. Several later additions to the building were added sometime during its use as a state facility.
Our adaptive re-use of the building included restoration of the historic fabric of the main structure, simplifying the later-additions and creating a strong sense of visual hierarchy towards the original home, and restoring much of the original floor plan layout while also bringing the remaining spaces, circulation, and restrooms up to code for use an a publicly accessibly building. The finished project features beautiful straight-grained fir floors, simple white finishes, and ample daylight from the buildings many restored windows.